The schools platform for communication and home learning is ClassDojo where our daily work is posted. You may, however, use this class page for additional resources and activities.
Watch the video "Catch It" on the Literacy Shed.
Activites - choose whichever you would like to do.
1. Retell the whole story of the video using a storyboard.
2. Write some sentences describing the video using -ly adverbs and expanded noun phrases. E.g. The fluffy, brown meerkats were sleeping soundly in their sandy burrow. The golden sun shone brightly on the vast savanna.
3. Write some dialogue for what the meerkats might be saying to each other and to the vulture using speech bubbles.
4. Draw a meerkat and label its body parts.
5. Write a list of adjectives, one to describe the meerkats and one to describe the vulture.
6. Write a diary entry from one of the meerkats about the vulture stealing the fruit and you chasing it.
7. Write a fact file about meerkats or vultures.
8. Write a letter to the vulture explaining why you want your fruit back.