Welcome to Keyne Class Home Learning Hub!
I hope you've all had a lovely chocolate-filled Easter and are staying happy and healthy at home. I would love to see some photos of what you've been up to.
Please make sure you are still reading every day and taking quizzes if your child is on Accelerated Reader. If you have any queries (or photos) please email me on email@example.com.
Love Miss Harris
***Please see the files below for home learning activities planned following the Easter Holiday***
Please feel free to complete these with your children beforehand, or at your leisure.
They will be updated fortnightly.
Watch the video "Catch It" on the Literacy Shed.
Activites - choose whichever you would like to do.
1. Retell the whole story of the video using a storyboard.
2. Write some sentences describing the video using -ly adverbs and expanded noun phrases. E.g. The fluffy, brown meerkats were sleeping soundly in their sandy burrow. The golden sun shone brightly on the vast savanna.
3. Write some dialogue for what the meerkats might be saying to each other and to the vulture using speech bubbles.
4. Draw a meerkat and label its body parts.
5. Write a list of adjectives, one to describe the meerkats and one to describe the vulture.
6. Write a diary entry from one of the meerkats about the vulture stealing the fruit and you chasing it.
7. Write a fact file about meerkats or vultures.
8. Write a letter to the vulture explaining why you want your fruit back.