At the beginning of the school year, a boy and girl from each year group who wish to become a reading ambassador complete an application form that explains what they would bring to the role. This is then decided by our school reading lead and the HOS.
KS1 and EYFS
At the beginning of the school year, a boy and girl from each year group who wish to become a reading ambassador volunteer, and are chosen by their class teachers.
Reading Ambassador Role
Our school elected reading ambassadors have an incredibly important job throughout the school. Their role includes:
- Promoting a strong reading culture
- Responsibility for the upkeep of the school library
- Exchanging library van books termly
- An annual visit to a local book shop
- Story telling in EYFS
- KS2 Ambassadors stories in each class
- Judging our class reading zones termly based on: attractiveness, comfort, selection of books and organisation
- Termly meeting with the HOS to feedback thoughts and ideas